For someone who has been a staunch follower of Bond films and hasn’t missed a single installment of the longest running franchise, Spectre turned out to be a mixed bag for me. Reason? The film’s strengths turn out to be its biggest weaknesses too.
Here is presenting 10 such pointers:
1. Strength – Simplicity. Goes as per the book.
Weakness – Simplicity. Predictable. Out and out formula film.
2. Strength – Opening helicopter sequence.
Weakness – Climax helicopter sequence.
3. Strength – Bond girl Lea Seydoux (a Nikki Aneja lookalike, courtesy her seductive smile).
Weakness – Bond woman Monica Bellucci (well, a Monica Bellucci lookalike, courtesy her nano-second appearance).
4. Strength – Most easygoing Bond film. Doesn’t need you to think hard at all.
Weakness – Most easygoing Bond film. No twists/turns.
5. Strength – Signature theme track in the music rocks.
Weakness – Minimal innovation in the music disappoints.
6. Strength – Easy dialogues with simple words.
Weakness – Clichéd dialogues with copybook words.
7. Strength – Daniel Craig has got used to being Bond.
Weakness – Pierce Brosnan is still missed as being Bond.
8. Strength – Bond knows every trick in the book.
Weakness – Villain doesn’t create enough difficult moments in the book.
9. Strength – Bond sticks to the template set in the 60s.
Weakness – More than half a century later, Bond better bring on some surprises.
10. Strength – Bond gives what audiences expect.
Weakness – About time audiences start expecting more.
Now wouldn’t that be fair for the franchise to live on?