The opening ceremony of the 69th Cannes International Film Festival was a very glam and stylish affair and here’s what celebrities wore on the red carpet for the Café Society premiere and the opening gala:
1. Blake Lively: Blake Lively walked in wearing a broken-glass inspired gown by Atelier Versace and looked fab in it. The Gossip Girl star’s shimmery outfit, which she had teamed with Lorraine Schwartz jewellery, was perfect for an event this big.
2. Victoria Beckham: Not one who really follow rules, Victoria Beckham gave the flowy gowns a miss and instead slipped into a black strapless top and pants from her Fall 2016 collection. The pants looked a little too long on her and it made it look weird towards the lower end. Jewels from Chopard and a messy bun completed her unconventional red carpet look.
3. Bella Hadid: This was Bella Hadid‘s debut on the Cannes red carpet and the sultry model totally killed it in her embellished Roberto Cavalli gown. A neat pony tail and Stuart Weitzman heels finished her impeccable look.
4. Kristen Dunst: Kristen Dunst was in her feminine best at the Cannes opening gala. She sashayed in wearing a pink embellished Gucci gown, which had loud poppy prints on it and she finished her look with jewels from Chopard and a side parted bun.
5. Jessica Chastain: Hello Sunshine! Jessica Chastain looked absolutely delish in her canary yellow Armani Privé gown, which looked striking against the red carpet.
6. Kristen Stewart: Kristen Stewart‘s risqué red carpet look raised many eyebrows. She stepped in wearing a sheer Chanel blouse sans bra and teamed it with a tea-length high-wasted patterned Chanel skirt and Christian Louboutin heels.
7. Naomi Watts: Naomi Watts strutted in wearing a lavender Armani Privé gown and though the off-shoulder gown looked a little too simple for the red carpet, Naomi wore it well.
8. Julianne Moore: This woman can make even rags look good. Julliane Moore was spotted in a black embellished Givenchy haute couture on the Cannes red carpet. The sequined gown had two huge serpents motifs and it surely made her entire look very interesting.
9. Eva Longoria: Eva Longoria chose to wear a muted taupe-and-white Pamela Rolland gown. While she looked good, the gown is not my cup of tea.
10. Anna Kendrick: Anna Kendrick looked gorgeous in her Stella McCartney gown and she teamed it with diamond jewellery and Brian Atwood shoes. Side-swept hair and red lips finished her look.