Bollywood films are known to inspire its audience and here’s a list of ten popular films, which will entice you enough to pack your travelling bags:
1. Tamasha: Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone‘s latest release Tamasha has piqued travellers’ interest in French island Corsica. The film has also been shot in Shimla, Delhi, Gurgaon , Kolkata and Tokyo, Japan.
2. Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge: Yes it’s not just a cult romantic film but also a movie, which takes you to Europe’s picturesque locations and Punjab’s sarson ke khet. If not for the love of travel, it will excite you enough to pack your bags in hope of finding your Raj or Simran.
3. Queen: Kangana Ranaut starrer Queen revolves around a woman, who goes on her honeymoon alone. Watching Kangana discovering herself in Paris and Amsterdam will have you booking your tickets to France.
4. Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara: The film stars Hrithik Roshan, Katrina Kaif, Farhan Akhtar, Abhay Deol and Kalki Koechlin in the lead roles and after the release of the movie Spain, where a major portion of the film has been shot, became one of the most sought after travel destinations.
5. Yeh Jaawani Hai Deewani: The film revolves around a group of friends, who travel to Manali, for a vacation. Starring Deepika Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor, Aditya Roy Kapur and Kalki, the film was shot in Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh and Rajasthan and after watching the movie you would want to call up your besties and plan a holiday.
6. Rockstar: Ranbir’s film Rockstar, which marked Nargis Fakhri‘s debut, too will successfully ignite the wanderlust in you as the story travels from Prague to Haryana to New Delhi and then Kashmir. So much beauty in one film!
7. Dil Chahta Hai: Dil Chahta Hai is a coming of age film, which shows its male protagonists- Aamir Khan, Saif Ali Khan and Akshaye Khanna taking a road trip to Goa from Mumbai and you will definitely want to visit the city of Sand and Sun after watching it. The movie has also been shot in Mumbai and Sydney, Australia.
8. Highway: Imtiaz Ali‘s Highway revolves around a woman who develops Stockholm Syndrome. In the film, Alia Bhatt gets abducted by Randeep Hooda and to avoid getting tracked, Hooda continuously moves to different cities along with his accomplice and Alia. The movie sees them travelling along the highways of Delhi, Haryana, Rajasthan, Punjab and Himachal Pradesh. Some portions were also shot in Kashmir.
9. 3 Idiots: Leh and Ladakh became a part of several people’s bucket list after the release of Rajkumar Hirani‘s 3 Idiots. The film shows R. Madhavan, Sharman Joshi, Omi Vaidya and Kareena Kapoor embarking on a journey to find their friend Aamir Khan. The film was shot in Delhi, Bangalore, Mumbai, Ladakh, Chail and Shimla.
10. Jab We Met: The film tells the story of a feisty Punjabi girl (Kareena Kapoor) who is sent off track when she bumps into a depressed Mumbai businessman (Shahid Kapoor) on an overnight train to Punjab. The film was also shot in Shimla and Manali.