Media was recently flooded with reports claiming that Kangana Ranaut has been interfering with Mental Hai Kya’s director Prakash Kovelamudi’s work thus delaying the movie. However, the latter has rubbished the rumours.
Reports claimed that Kangy wasn’t happy with the way her role had shaped up in the movie and she also felt that her co-star Rajkummar Rao stole many of the scenes and she wanted them to be re-shot. However, Prakash has now released a statement dismissing the fake reports.
Prakash said, “On my set, Kangana was an actor; a professional one, and a creative asset. Both Kangana and Rajkummar are powerhouse performers, whom I enjoyed directing. I am happy to see how their characters have turned out. Mental Hai Kya is an intriguing thriller with doses of quirk. The film challenges the norms, and I am thrilled to bring to the audience something original.”
Further denying the reports about some portions of the film being re-shot, the director said, “We finished the first leg in Mumbai, the second in London, and the last one in Mumbai again. The final schedule was wrapped last month. That’s all! All other conjecture is baseless.”
Produced by Shobha Kapoor, Ekta Kapoor and Shaailesh R Singh, Mental Hai Kya’s trailer will be unveiled later this month and the film will hit the screens on July 26, 2019.
"With Masters in Mass Communications, this former beauty queen has an opinion on just about everything under the sun and even beyond that. Her passion for writing and everything that spells films and fashion, are the reasons why she made a career in entertainment journalism"